Women dating in northwest iowa
Social club founded in 1923 where women heard presentations on food preservation, nutrition, sewing, and tailoring. The club was organized in 1952 as a social and philanthropic forum for local women.
Records, 1911-2002 The club was organized in 1911 for “the social and intellectual benefit” of the ladies of Boone and the surrounding area. Organized in the 1920s as part of the Iowa State University Cooperative Extension, this committee splintered from the extension service in 1955 and became the largest political and corporate organization representing farmer interests in Iowa. Fremont County, Iowa women’s club that was responsible for opening a public library in the small town of Thurman in1936. Includes biographical information on executive director, Laura Ticciati, an activist with the Natural Law Party. Founded in 1904 to promote standardized nursing education; works for better working conditions and to improve the status of nurses. Edited by Olive Wilson and based in Northwest Iowa towns of Paullina and Primghar.
Commemorated the efforts of pioneer suffragists and the enfranchisement of women.